Reference: Snr QS
Jun 24, 2022
Caledonian Construction are working with a Market Leading Carpentry Contractor to recruit a Senior QS.
Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £65 – £70k + negotiable package
Location: Farnham – some home working possible – site visits will be required
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is a Market Leading Carpentry Contractor who is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor. This position would suit someone who has worked previously for Sub Contractors or Smaller Principal Contractors.
Our client works widely in the New Build Residential space offering their clients with Design Solutions Internal and External Carpentry Services and Bespoke Joinery. The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor would see themselves holding the purse strings for packages of work, ranging from £80k – £4m.
The client’s area of operation is between Farnham and Epping, this includes everything in between as well and the south.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget. You will be the type of person who is able to navigate challenging situations and achieve results under pressure utilising relationships with suppliers, management and the end client to ‘get the job done’.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work autonomously and report directly into the two companies Directors.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Be fully conversant of the project T&C’s and ensure the client’s commercial position is fully known by whole team
- Ensure all variations are recorded by reviewing all Drawings and contractor/client drawings
- Attend initial Design meetings ensuring potential VOs are immediately resolved
- Review alterations and changes to drawings and advise on effects on cost
- Ensure budget cost meets the requirements set out in the documents by checking all documents
- Carry out site visits, ensuring progress in line with the set out programme of works
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor must have
- Previous experience working for a Sub Contractor or Small Principal Contractor
- At least 7 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- A good technical knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A proven track record of project delivery
Hours of work are between 7:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
The client is offering the flexibility of working from home 1-2 days per week once established with the company.
For more information and to be considered for this position please apply now and one of the team will be in touch.
Alternatively you can contact the consultant directly using the below button.