Jun 15, 2021
We are seeking a design engineer experienced in industrial refrigeration design to support the delivery and execution for our portfolio of Industrial Refrigeration projects. You will act as the primary technical lead for all design related technical engineered solutions, supporting the technical development of process cooling solutions from initial concept through to through to final completion.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design of industrial refrigeration process cooling systems of, you will have a sound working knowledge of the following regulatory documentation and requirements:
- BSEN 378 (2016)
- Pressure Equipment Directive
- Pressure Safety Systems Regulations
- Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR)
Supporting the Operations team within the compliant, technical design of process cooling systems, inclusive of initial system dimensioning, component selection, pipe work sizing and configuration, Document management and production of fully compliant P&ID with supporting Bill of Materials.
Developing customer and supplier relationships whilst ensuring your technical knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies and practices is up to date.
What we look for
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Engineering degree in related subject
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) and BS EN378
- Knowledge of CDM & Health & Safety at Work Act along with impact to design of IREF/process cooling systems
- Competent with the use of 2D and 3D drawing software for the production of final design and installation documentation
- Strong knowledge of system types and refrigerants – particularly systems operating on natural refrigerants
- Commercially aware
- Member of the Institute of Refrigeration or working towards
- Willingness to visit customer sites as and when required