Jan 24, 2023
We are seeking a Design Engineer experienced in industrial refrigeration design. We are looking for an expert to support the delivery and execution for our portfolio of Industrial Refrigeration (IREF) projects.
As part of a small but growing team covering projects across the UK, you will have an opportunity to design, and support the installation of complex industrial refrigeration/process cooling projects nationally. As an IREF Design Engineer you will act as the primary technical lead for all design-related technical engineered solutions, supporting the technical development of process cooling solutions from initial feasibility through to final completion.
How you will do it
As a Design Engineer, we would like you to take ownership of efficient, compliant design of industrial refrigeration process cooling systems, you need to have a sound solid understanding of the following regulatory documentation and requirements:
- BSEN 378 (2016)
- Pressure Equipment Directive
- Pressure Safety Systems Regulations
- Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR)
In this role you’ll provide support to the Operations team within the technical design of process cooling systems, inclusive of initial system dimensioning, component selection, pipe work sizing and configuration, Document management and production of P&ID with supporting Bill of Materials
Part of your role is to develop customer and supplier relationships whilst ensuring your technical knowledge and understanding of current and new technologies and practices is up to date.
What we look for
- Previous experience within a similar role – ideally 5 years proven industry experience
- Engineering degree in related subject
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Working knowledge of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) and BS EN378
- Knowledge of CDM & Health & Safety at Work Act along with impact to design of IREF/process cooling systems
- Competent with the use of 2D and 3D drawing software for the production of final design and installation documentation
- Strong knowledge of system types and refrigerants – particularly systems operating on natural refrigerants
- Member of the Institute of Refrigeration or working towards
- Willingness to visit customer sites as and when required